What I've Been Up To:
Dealing with the Quarantine:
Just Sparks Joy:
What I've Been Up To:
1. Gender Reveal! She’s a GIRL!
2. I whipped out my sewing machine to make my family and I some face masks just in case. Here's the pattern and tutorial that helped me.
3. I also started on my first dress! I'm about a third of the way done and loving it! My inspiration is currently coming from this book, Sunday Sews
4. As I 've been focusing on nursery decor and just starting to feel like I really want to get nesting, I've become completely obsessed with grandmillenial style. No shame.
5. Speaking of home decor, I've been on a huge Nancy Meyers kick and basically want to make every room in my house look like her movie sets
6. And due to my Nancy Meyers kick, we watched It's Complicated on movie night and as soon as the Lavender Honey Ice Cream was mentioned, I absolutely had to make it. It was truly a dream.
7. After our gender reveal on Saturday we raced home to tell my family, who are quarantining completely, and I made these gender reveal cupcakes to surprise them! They were surprisingly easy and super effective!
Projects to Tackle:
1. If you're like us and have some very restless kids at home, this Clay for Kids recipe is the perfect Saturday or Sunday project for a little pantry staple entertainment.
2. If you're ready to tackle some home decor projects, these precious reading nook ideas might be just the thing for an easy weekend project.
3. If you're not constantly in the kitchen are you even quarantining? Hahaha these illustrations are just darling and might spark some creativity too!
4. They say pregnant women shouldn't work in the garden...so all the more reason to just let Ben do it! We have spent so much time in the backyard, that it had better look just like this by the time this is all over.
Things that Spark Joy:
1. Ina is everything. If you haven't watched this somehow. Watch it right now.
2. We all need a little extra joy on our radar right now don't we? I love this article highlighting kindness from strangers in these crazy times.
3. Check out this comprehensive list of where to get cocktails to go in Columbus. I mean, gotta support those local businesses right?
4. One of the WORST parts of all of this for us is not being about to travel! Well, not time like the present to go on a virtual safari then right?
What are you up to and loving right now? Reply to the email or comment to have your recommendation included in future weekly round-ups!
Time to share a few things from all around the internet that have inspired me to get creative and help others over this time of social distancing in our home. I hope something here sparks something in you too! What have you been up to lately! Share your favorite resources and I’ll share them in next week’s round-up! Let’s have a safe and productive week!
What I've Been Up To:
I love this sweet list of ways to take care of yourself while staying home: https://www.stayhometakecare.com/
What a solid list. I added quite a few of these to my Amazon account: https://thestripe.com/everything-i-read-in-march-2020/
As a MASSIVE fan of The Office, this brings me inordinate joy:
Good News with John Krasinski:
This list is so aspirational:
Such a sweet list of movies for family or date night:
Disney World closing it’s doors was one of the things that shocked me the most when all of this started. This Youtube channels does virtual videos of my favorite rides and is the perfect break from your work from home schedule:
I’ve been finally spending some time learning to do my make-up a little better and this is one of my favorite (very easy) tutorials to start with:
Groceries have been weird around here. Sometimes we get everything we want and sometimes things like flour and milk can be hard to come by. These ideas helped me come up with a healthy dinner quite a bit:
Being pregnant, I’ve had to get VERY creative about how to put together a fancy drink. This list is gold: https://xokatierosario.com/7-elegant-mocktails-that-make-you-feel-fancy/
Speaking of missing drinks, my hometown somehow still doesn’t have a Starbucks, so this list helps us get creative with our at-home options:
It’s week 2 of social distancing over here and I’ve been making all the plans for how to spend this time well. As I bring in inspiration and ideas for the week ahead, I thought I should share them!
I’ll be sharing homeschooling resources (for those of you who are also suddenly finding yourselves doing this with your kiddos), recipes that take comfort food to the next level, hobbies to jump into with your extra hours, and the best uplifting reads, music, media and more to nourish your spirit.
We are truly in this together. God remains God. We’re going to be ok, so let’s take some time to reframe and find the bright side.
2. Family Time
Whether you’re quarantining with your kids, your roommate, or your parents, hopefully you’re getting a chance to get more quality time with your people. Here are some awesome ways to spend it:
3. Uplifting Content
You gotta love all the positivity that is pouring out of the internet these days. Some of the content I’ve come across in the last week has been deeply moving and stuck with me as I continue to try and find a silver lining and healthy perspective even in difficult times. Here are some of my favorites:
Welcome! I'm a wife, mama-to-be, foster mom, fourth year music teacher, and Jesus follower, and am chronically curious about just about everything. Join me as I explore the calling God has for my family's story.
"I am the Vine, you are the Branches. If you abide in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."