Elf on the Music Classroom Shelf
Well Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your holiday season has been going SO well so far! I want to tell you about one thing I’m super excited for this Christmas in the music room! We are starting an Elf on the Shelf tradition in my classroom and I want to tell you how I’m thinking about structuring it so you can try it too if you want. Let’s dive in!
I’ve always wanted to have an Elf of the Shelf in my classroom but I couldn’t figure out how to incorporate it with my weird specials teacher schedule. We are on a five day rotation so it makes classroom culture a little trickier than it would be in a traditional classroom. SO! I came up with this basic plan for our Elf on the Shelf and I’m going to give it a whirl starting the week after Thanksgiving. I also made this resource to use in my own classroom, and you can scoop it up too if it would make it easier for you!
Here’s the link:
Ok, so here’s the Elf on the Shelf game plan!
I’m getting so excited about this new music room tradition and I just know my littles are going to be totally obsessed with this! If you decide to try it, or if you already have an Elf on the Shelf in your classroom, comment below and tell me all about it!
Music Teacher Gift Guide
Are you a music teacher looking for the perfect thing to add to your list? Or are you looking to buy for a music teacher you love? Well you're in the right place! Check out my music teacher must haves this year!
1. Germs and Soap Book: I'm LOVING this book not just to teach kids how to not be so germy, but also to teach 4 voices to kindergarten and to play with comparibles like high/low and fast/slow. Also cracks the kids up every time so that's always a win!
2. Lightbox: This is on my wishlist for this year but I've seen teachers come up with the most witty lightbox messages that instantly build classroom culture. This would be perfect for any age group!
3. Keurig: I can't imagine going through a school day without my Keurig. Dramatic? Probably. But you know what, stick with what works, am I right?
4. Ring Light: Ok seriously, if you do stories for your insta or Zoom classes for school, this makes even the worst under eye bags disappear and I'm slightly addicted now. You need one.
5. Teacher Backpack: I LOVE having a bag with all my teacher stuff ready to go at all times. Add a pom-pom keychain and you're instantly achieving trendy teacher status.
6. Mini Fridge: Also, on my wishlist this year, this cute mini fridge would be perfect for keeping my lunch cold AND be the perfect place to put all my cute teacher stickers. I'm crossing my fingers for this one this year!
I hope you all get EVERYTHING on your wishlists this year! What else are you hoping for?? Comment below so we can all add it to our lists!
Welcome! I'm a wife, mama-to-be, foster mom, fourth year music teacher, and Jesus follower, and am chronically curious about just about everything. Join me as I explore the calling God has for my family's story.
"I am the Vine, you are the Branches. If you abide in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."