Weekly Round-Up: April 27th
What I've Been Up To:
1. Gender Reveal! She’s a GIRL!
2. I whipped out my sewing machine to make my family and I some face masks just in case. Here's the pattern and tutorial that helped me.
3. I also started on my first dress! I'm about a third of the way done and loving it! My inspiration is currently coming from this book, Sunday Sews
4. As I 've been focusing on nursery decor and just starting to feel like I really want to get nesting, I've become completely obsessed with grandmillenial style. No shame.
5. Speaking of home decor, I've been on a huge Nancy Meyers kick and basically want to make every room in my house look like her movie sets
6. And due to my Nancy Meyers kick, we watched It's Complicated on movie night and as soon as the Lavender Honey Ice Cream was mentioned, I absolutely had to make it. It was truly a dream.
7. After our gender reveal on Saturday we raced home to tell my family, who are quarantining completely, and I made these gender reveal cupcakes to surprise them! They were surprisingly easy and super effective!
Projects to Tackle:
1. If you're like us and have some very restless kids at home, this Clay for Kids recipe is the perfect Saturday or Sunday project for a little pantry staple entertainment.
2. If you're ready to tackle some home decor projects, these precious reading nook ideas might be just the thing for an easy weekend project.
3. If you're not constantly in the kitchen are you even quarantining? Hahaha these illustrations are just darling and might spark some creativity too!
4. They say pregnant women shouldn't work in the garden...so all the more reason to just let Ben do it! We have spent so much time in the backyard, that it had better look just like this by the time this is all over.
Things that Spark Joy:
1. Ina is everything. If you haven't watched this somehow. Watch it right now.
2. We all need a little extra joy on our radar right now don't we? I love this article highlighting kindness from strangers in these crazy times.
3. Check out this comprehensive list of where to get cocktails to go in Columbus. I mean, gotta support those local businesses right?
4. One of the WORST parts of all of this for us is not being about to travel! Well, not time like the present to go on a virtual safari then right?
What are you up to and loving right now? Reply to the email or comment to have your recommendation included in future weekly round-ups!
Welcome! I'm a wife, mama-to-be, foster mom, fourth year music teacher, and Jesus follower, and am chronically curious about just about everything. Join me as I explore the calling God has for my family's story.
"I am the Vine, you are the Branches. If you abide in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."